On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> So... this prompts a question in my head.  I understand we don't block
> release for non-blocking spins.  That is obvious.
>
> What is not obvious to me is if we would go back and do a compose
> later for those spins that are impacted by this.  It is one thing to
> skip a spin if the maintainer has not kept up with the release and is
> otherwise negligent.  It is quite another to tell them "too bad..." if
> the spin isn't composed for something completely out of their control
> such as an infrastructure issue.  That, to me, would be discounting
> the work they've done throughout the release to maintain and test
> their spin.
>
> Do we have that ability to do a post-GA compose for those spins in
> such cases and do we plan to do so?

Nope. This came up last cycle or two where compose had a weird bug
preventing umount of the installation root fs image file, resulting in
a corrupt file system and ensuing boot failure of the ISO. And
actually there were some non-release blocking images that we simply
did not ship because of those failures, and they were not respun, and
releng said we couldn't even use a prior successfully built ISO.

I don't recall the reason, something to do with either signing or
metadata or something... I think it's known an alternative would be
nice, especially given the big pile of images we're creating now, but
I don't know what work is needed.

--
Chris Murphy