On 16 August 2017 at 03:38, Till Maas <opensou...@till.name> wrote:

> Am 15. August 2017 15:47:49 MESZ schrieb Jan Kurik <jku...@redhat.com>:
>
> >I am personally not convinced this will help as the set of questions
> >in Questionnaire is almost the same for the last several elections, as
> >we copy them from one elections to another. So, candidates can prepare
> >them self in advance even now. However, I do not see a reason why we
> >can not start collection of questions for the Questionnaire one week
> >earlier. I can modify the schedule for F27 release cycle, if agreed.
>
> Would it be possible to have longer nomination and election periods? In
> other processes such as removal of packages and the no responsive
> maintainer process we have much longer waiting times (6 weeks) to account
> for vacations and other commitments.

We had this in the past, and candidates had complained that it was taking
too long for an election to occur with so few people voting. I don't know
if there is any happy medium here. The other suggestion was to cut off from
release based dates to set dates in the year. This also has problems but
could allow for a clearer "You will need to put in for candidacy on April
15th. Interviews need to be posted on May 1st. Election ends May 14th,
announcement May 15"

> Kind regards
> Till

Stephen J Smoogen.