On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 11:51 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 08/25/2017 12:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Sure, sounds sensible (assuming we actually wind up sticking with 7.x
> > in F27+; it does seem like quite a bit of work will be needed for
> > that).
> >

> Thanks for your help, Adam.
>
> I've gotten down to inkscape on the list for F27+. I've had to apply small
> patches
> and found one failure[1] so far.

Cool. Have you been making sure the patches are upstreamable and
upstreaming them? I took a brief look at a few packages and found
various patches elsewhere, but they're often not upstreamable because
they just replace what's appropriate for 6 with what's appropriate for
7, causing the code not to build against 6 any more; I'd guess
upstreams are likely going to want patches that allow the code to build
against 6 and 7 (hence the patch will need to detect the version of
imagemagick and ifdef things like header locations and changed
functions...)

> > The updates have autokarma disabled; I guess Michael and I will try to
> > synchronize with you, and other major third-party repo maintainers,
> > when we're planning to push them stable. Thanks for the note!
>
> Yes, I'll continue working on F27+ when I have time. I'll have to stop for
> today.

Thanks for that. We do need at least key packages like emacs rebuilt
for F27 ASAP, as we're getting pretty close to the Beta dates. If we
can't get F27 cleaned up within a few days I'm going to start
advocating for a drop back to 6.9.9...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey