On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 11:51 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 08/25/2017 12:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Sure, sounds sensible (assuming we actually wind up sticking with 7.x
> > in F27+; it does seem like quite a bit of work will be needed for
> > that).
> >

> Thanks for your help, Adam.
>
> I've gotten down to inkscape on the list for F27+. I've had to apply small
> patches
> and found one failure[1] so far.

I dunno what order the list you're using is in, but apparently you
didn't do emacs?

Igor Gnatenko tried, for Rawhide:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=961777

but in fact what happened with that build is ImageMagick support was
simply entirely disabled, see
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/emacs/25.2/8.fc28/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
 :

"checking for IMAGEMAGICK... no"

there appears to be a partially working patch from January available in
a mailing list thread upstream:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-01/msg00191.html

but...I am getting increasingly sceptical about whether this 7.x bump
is a good idea at all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey