On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 20:07 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> That is the point, how many package fail to build with ImageMagick7 ?
> we "just" need change requires on FTBFS packages (with ImageMagick7)

No it isn't the point. More things actually use the ImageMagick *CLI*
than use the library, and the CLI of ImageMagick 7 is very different
from the CLI of ImageMagick 6. This is the *main* reason we do not just
want to make the ImageMagick package suddenly become ImageMagick 7 -
because IM 7 does not provide the CLI people currently expect from the
package called 'ImageMagick'. It's not primarily about things which
build against the libraries.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey