Hello, Lukas.
Thanks for this thread.

On Monday, 23 October 2017 at 17:50, Lukas Vrabec wrote:
> On 10/21/2017 08:48 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
[...]
> > Also, perhaps it would make sense to move to a more normal looking
> > release flow instead of a massive patch? I think that might make it
> > easier to see whats going on and how to contribute.
> >

> This "massive" patch is here because, we diverted from Upsteam policy.
> Because Upstream policy is much more strict, you cannot even boot F26+
> just with upstream policy. We confine more services then upstream and
> we're more benevolent.

The usual way of doing such things is to create a fork from which
patches can be merged to the original tree. Surely merging one massive
patch is much more difficult than single commits or even series of
commits. I assume you do have a fork of the original SELinux policy
source tree somewhere, so why don't you simply ship a tarball of your
fork instead of upstream+massive patch?

> This should change, and we're trying to focus on technical solution
> which should decrease amount of maintenance of selinux-policy. We'll
> inform you about this project.

If you shared more details about this effort now, you would be more
likely to receive help from the community earlier.

> > > Note: If you are interested in writing custom SELinux policy for your
> > > package, you can follow the
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/IndependentPolicy documentation
> > > on wiki.
> >
> > Perhaps you could submit this to the FPC and get it reviewed and moved
> > under the normal packaging space?
> >

> Will do.

Excellent, thank you!

Regards,