On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Lukas Vrabec <lvra...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/2017 10:17 AM, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Lukas Vrabec <lvra...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>>> Hello community,
>>> We, as Red Hat SELinux team, apologise for recent delays with our answers
>>> your requests and questions related to SELinux. We have been quite busy
>>> last
>>> couple of weeks so we decided to set a lower priority for Fedora work. We
>>> already responded and resolved what was needed and we are ready to react
>>> more flexibly in the future.
>>>
>>> Note: If you are interested in writing custom SELinux policy for your
>>> package, you can follow the
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/IndependentPolicy documentation on
>>> wiki.
>>>

>> To update the tpm2-abrmd [0] package to the latest version, I need to
>> add a SELinux policy due recent upstream changes in the upstream
>> project. But after reading the documents referred in this thread, is
>> still not clear to me if the preferred method nowadays is to propose
>> adding the SELinux policy to the system wide selinux-policy package or
>> to ship a custom SELinux security module for the package.
>>

> Hi,
>
> SELinux policy for this project is already existing? If not I can help you

It doesn't exist in Fedora yet, so currently the tpm2-abrmd daemon
runs in an unconfined domain. A policy module was added to the project
repo [0] though, but I don't know how correct it is (I'm not a SELinux
expert).

The specific problem is that now the daemon uses sockets to
communicate with a library, but the dbus-daemon in the system bus
isn't allowed to read/write to sockets created by processes in an
unconfined domain. It used pipes before and that was allowed.

> with creating policy for this project. From SELinux team it's prefered to

No worries, I think I can sort it out using the SELinux policy in the
tpm2-abrmd repo as a base. I just asked since wasn't clear to me which
approach was preferred.

> add policy to your package. Guidelines how to do that is in progress to be
> part of rpm packaging guidelines.

Awesome, I'll re-read [1] then and ad d the policy to the package.
Thanks a lot for your help!

> Lukas.

[0]:
https://github.com/intel/tpm2-abrmd/pull/205/commits/3621742344534a5d0d5d255d1d5bc698f3d39a57