On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 11:46:03AM -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:

> On 12/08/2017 11:21 AM, Charalampos Stratakis wrote:
> > The kernel is actually blacklisted from proven packager access, you can't
> > make changes there.
> This is good to know... how do you get on that list? ;-)
> >
> > Apart from that though, I don't really see any reasons for creating this
> > thread.
> >
> > Proven packagers do trivial and non-trivial cleanups all the time. While I
> > agree that a PR would be better,
> > when dealing with changes on a vast amount of packages that should be
> > ideally done in a timely manner, waiting for a
> > timely response from every single maintainer of the respective packages is
> > just not realistic.
> I understand the need to make massive changes... I no problem with that...
> The problem is random people are making non-critical, non-massive
> changes because they "feel" its the right thing to do. Those
> changes should go through the maintainer.

Now this has gone back and forth. The system worked more or less ok.
Maybe it is more about the changes (and communication) of a
specific provenpackager?

There has been a recent thread "stop messing with other people packages",
and Iwonder who the mentioned proven packager was in that case.

I had once a case, where even a bug was filed by the pp, the change
submitted and bug closed after. I was online and reading emails at
that time, but I didn't had the chance to react. I asked the pp to
wait for my reaction in a reasonable time before doing that again.

Unfortunately, some time later, the same proven packager changed
something else. It was just a cosmetic change, and he didn't even
try to contact me, neither via irc, nor email or bugzilla.

So, maybe this is just caused by the behaviour of a single person?

Matthias
--
Matthias Runge <mru...@matthias-runge.de>