>Artistic (volatile) temperament” is just a euphemistic way of saying “engages
>in unchecked abusive behaviour toward their peers”, and no member of the
>community should be expected to bend over backwards to >tolerate this or to
>turn a blind eye to it.

You completely, utterly and totally misread the meaning and spirit of what I
said.
To reiterate, if the maintainer is responsive, my opinion is that is a courtesy
to notify him/her.
That's all.  Some people are more attached and involved with their code and
would appreciate the gesture.
No need to imagine that the maintainer is demonstrating "unchecked abusive
behavior."
For Pete's sake.

    On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:09 AM, Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>