On 01/23/2018 11:28 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
Hi, Florian.

On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 16:24, Florian Weimer wrote:
I updated redhat-rpm-config to instruct ld to reject linking shared objects
with undefined symbols.  Such undefined symbols break symbol versioning
because the are not necessarily bound to the correct symbol version at run
time.  (rhbz#1535422)

Where's the System Wide Change for F28 for this? I can only see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/HardeningFlags28 on the list
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/ChangeSet). It doesn't
mention adding "-z defs". Please revert this as soon as possible.

It is mentioned in the binutils change:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BINUTILS2291

I also mentioned the change when it was suggested that the binutils change did not need to be system-wide.

Thanks,
Florian