On 01/23/2018 10:25 AM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
For the record, my affected packages are (according to koschei, and as
of the time of writing this):
- gala (internal plugins)
- maya-calendar("ceil" reference missing, ppc64 only)

So it's a missing -lm on the linker command line.

- noise (internal plugins)

This is a classic plugin case.

- scratch-text-editor(internal plugins)

This is a bit tricky. Looks like the code is duplicated between the main program and a shared object. We stopped doing that for Python/Perl/Lua …

- slingshot-launcher(plugin)

Have you fixed the powf undefined symbol, and it still fails?

- switchboard-plug-onlineaccounts(internal plugins)

This looks like an actual package bug, -lpantheon-online-accounts is missing. As far as I can tell, no executable provides these symbols, so the library is really needed at run time.

- wingpanel(no idea)

Missing -lm.

- wingpanel-indicator-datetime ("ceil" reference missing, ppc64 only)

Same problem.

While some of the failures you listed are genuine plugins, about as many actually prevent the creation of incorrectly linked shared objects.

Thanks,
Florian