Florian Weimer wrote on 01/23/2018 12:24 AM:

In some cases (such as when a DSO is
loaded as a plugin and is expected to bind to symbols in the main
executable), undefined symbols are expected.  In this case, you can
add

     %undefine _strict_symbol_defs_build

to the RPM spec file to disable these strict checks.

So this seems to affect lots of packages containing
/usr/lib64/foo/libbar.so. At least my packages

- cairo-dock
- cairo-dock-plug-ins
- gnome-commander

failed to build due to this, and at least
- dia
- sssd
- ModemManager
- pidgin

now also fail to build (I chose the above packages randomly - so not a
complete list).
Are these all packages have to modify? At least this change should have been
announced more formally and explicitly as system-wide-change.

Regards,
Mamor