Adam Williamson wrote:
> Note F28 is currently in freeze for Beta; this is a long freeze, and
> honestly, might get longer, given the current state of things.

IMHO, if we know that we are not in a good enough state to release, we
should delay the start of the freeze (in the current case where it has
already started: cancel the freeze and try again later) until we are in a
releasable state. It just does not make sense to extend the freezes forever.
We should only freeze if we are actually ready to prepare a release (e.g.
F28 Beta).

And there really needs to be a maximum freeze period. If we are still not
ready to go gold by then, we need to take all the pending packages and
restart the process from there.

It is just not workable to have everything shut down (including updates to
stable releases if we care about upgrade paths!) for 3+ weeks at a time.

        Kevin Kofler