Hi Zbigniew,

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2018 at 10:44:41PM +0200, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
>> - If it is indeed incompatible, would trying to convince him to adopt
>> a dual license scheme be the best course of action?
> You know this probably better. Have you tried explaining why we have
> the requirements we have, to preserve the freedom to use packages, etc?

I have and I also have stressed the difference between us and a
for-profit font repository, but I think I will need to revisit the
topic…

>> - If the new license prohibits us from distributing the fonts, do we
>> need to drop the packages from Fedora or can we continue to use their
>> current versions?
> We can continue to use them. With fonts the "degradation" over time is
> small (mostly we'd be missing new additions), so it should be OK to
> have the frozen version for many years.

My concern is if he can retroactively apply the new license to the
older versions of the fonts. Is this a valid concern or is it not how
licensing works?

Regards
Alex