Peter Oliver wrote:
> In any case, once we start removing Python 2 components, it seems to me
> that the message to users is, "Python 2 can't be relied upon in this
> release".  That being the case, if we did go ahead with this staged
> removal, would it be helpful to think of this change the other way around?
> Rather than removing Python 2 from Fedora 30 but starting that work during
> Fedora 29, we're removing it from Fedora 29 but not completing all of that
> work until Fedora 30?

Who says Python 2 is going to be removed from Fedora 30 at all? I think this
is a completely unrealistic target. Somebody needs to pick it up. It will
not be much effort. There will at some point be no new upstream releases, so
almost zero packaging work. All that is to do is to pick up the security
backports from RHEL/CentOS. I see no benefit from removing the python2
package in such a rush.

        Kevin Kofler