On 07/04/18 05:58, Pierre-Francois RENARD wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> with F28 I tried to use autofs and nfs.
> I had the following error “Too many levels of symbolic links”
> I had to change SELinux mode to permissive to be able to make autofs usable

I had a report that appeared to be selinux related but I haven't see this one.
Could you log a bug please, include systemd journal output with "logging =
debug"
set in /etc/autofs.conf.

What autofs package revision are you using?

> But I also discovered that by default mount.nfs and autofs are using NFSv4
> and cannot switch to NFSv3.
> I had to add an option to /etc/sysconfig/autofs << OPTIONS=" -O vers=3" >> so
> autofs use by default NFSv3...

I'm not sure what you mean?
autofs doesn't impose an nfs version if it isn't specified in the map.
It depends on how mount.nfs(8) is configured.

Historically, if you wanted to use NFSv3 (to prevent starting negotiation at
NFSv4) you needed to set "Defaultvers=3" in /etc/nfsmount.conf. You also
needed to set "mount_nfs_default_protocol = 3" in /etc/autofs.conf to prevent
autofs doing unnecessary NFSv4 availability probes.

Of course the other way to do this is to specify the mount option in the map
some other way, and as you said setting "-O vers=3" is one possible way.

> I had the following error message with the command
> mount -t nfs syno01:/volume1/data /tmp/data
> mount.nfs: Protocol not supported
>
> and no error with
> mount -t nfs -o vers=3 syno01:/volume1/data /tmp/data

Sounds like an nfs-utils problem, probably best to log a bug on that.

> Is it a normal behaviour or did I miss something ?

No, not usually but we haven't looked at the map configuration or the debug logs
yet so I'm not sure.

Ian