On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 April 2018 at 22:58, Pierre-Francois RENARD <pfren...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> with F28 I tried to use autofs and nfs.
>
> BTW autofs: is it any particular reason why in Fedora kernels autofs
> support is compiled into the kernel and is not provided as loadable
> module?
>
> $ cat /proc/filesystems | grep auto; echo; lsmod | grep auto
> nodev autofs
>
> $
>
> PS. the same is with for example ext{2..4} support.
>
> $ cat /proc/filesystems | grep ext; echo; lsmod | grep ext
> ext3
> ext2
> ext4

It's also unrelated to this topic, it's (and I use it's, not they're,
as it's one driver) built in because it makes booting faster in the
general use case, it also makes debug and recovery easier when one of
the core filesystems is there and you don't need to find it in an
initrd, we also do it for other key widely used system components like
some ATA drivers, IP stack options etc.