> > There's a lot of clouds going to uEFI now
>
> [citation needed]
> I got sort of lost in Azure versus Hyper-V and gen1/gen2 - apparently Hyper-V
> likes
> UEFI and supports secure boot but Azure may not or something?

Ignoring the question of how many is a lot, I think you may just be
discussing the difference between the first gen and current gen Azure
cloud.  They definitely support UEFI, at least in some configuration.

> > The other advantage of having a uEFI partition is you can boot one
> > image on hardware and VM, I'm planning that with IoT.
>
> I later found out that some OpenStack installations like to do this too.
>
> So...I agree we should probably do this, particularly if Ubuntu already is
> today.

The annoying thing about the hybrid strategy is it means keeping
grub-install around for BIOS.  But that means it has to be on the thing
making images, not in the image itself.

--
  Peter