On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 11:27:02PM -0000, Ray Strode wrote:
> Why switch, when we already have
> ? it does good quoting already, you get to click what you want, and i'm
> guessing this reply i'm sending will show up plaintext.

Unfortunately, all is not rosy there. See this thread on the users' list
from this fall about confusion with hyperkitty quoting:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/us...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/HQATMLGPSWGT4PGPUMYOLA6FOL6AV3XO/#ZRYTMEI3HIBLYWGQK4RZUBA4RQZREZR7
(Look back at your message I'm replying to here, and note that the standard
attribution line is missing. And that's not the only issue identified.)

Additionally, when one does reply, it's just using the standard web browser
text box, and to my knowledge that doesn't have an easy "delete by line"
keyboard command, let alone things like smart reflow with quoting. So that's
not super-ideal for inline replies. Hyperkitty's threaded view also is
rudimentary compared to a good mail client.

All of this stuff would be something we could invest development resources
in and make better, but we don't really _have_ those resources, and no
significant outside-of-fedora hyperkitty development community ever
developed. We're left with some pretty awful things like the prominent "Sign
Up" button on every Fedora list leading to a big, ugly "Sign Up Closed: We
are sorry, but the sign up is currently closed" screen —  which is not very
inviting, to say the least.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>