On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 1:55 PM John Florian <jflor...@doubledog.org> wrote:

> How does Discourse handle posts you've already read in a thread that's still
> active.  With things like reddit or LWN, you get to read it over and over and
> over again if you really want to see whats new now.

Discourse handles this quite well actually, as long as you're logged
in. It will keep track of the last post you've seen as well as show
you counts of new messages in a particular thread. I wouldn't claim
that it's as good as an email client but it's much better than other
forums and comment sites.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.