On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 05:09:18PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > What happens if we limit that to a smaller subset, though?
> > What do you mean?
>
> There are zillions of CVES across all of the packages in the entire Fedora
> collection. How many are there against, say, the subset used for the IoT
> spin (and potential future edition)?

bluez, nginx, systemd, mysql, gdb, bzip2, openjpg, imagemagick,
shutter, exiv2, libexif, libkdcraw, glibc, php, busybox, tcpdump,
bintuils, that's from the top of the list.

I love Fedora, but the idea that you can take a 3 year old Fedora and
put it out on the web is just bonkers. We don't have the manpower and
the procedures to make Fedora suitable for this kind of use. We *could*
change what Fedora is, by making it stable and long-lived, but at least
I would then find a different distro to hack on.

Zbyszek