On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:45:26AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> He's proposing Debian-style source code forking into git repos and
> having the build description merged into that source tree. It's
> usually referred to as merged-source builds.
>
> Basically, we no longer use pristine sources as inputs for package builds.

Although, arguably, what constitutes a "pristine source" has changed.
Release tarballs are often an afterthought -- or something generated
automatically by GitHub -- while the tagged git tree is what the upstream
project themselves consideres to be the true authoritative source.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>