On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 4:41 AM Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 26. 11. 18 v 17:03 Matthew Miller napsal(a):
> > * embrace Taiga (an open source kanban tool) for project planning
> > * fix the compose speed (target: one hour!)
> > * really actually for real gated Rawhide
> > * better CI pipeline tests for everything
> > * define a base platform -- Red Hat wants to focus resources here
> > * better tooling for non-base deliverables
> > * better metrics for everything
>
> My experience is that things are fixed when we are in real time stress. When
> we have more time, then people (including
> me) are trying to develop/invent new things.
>
> I have a counter proposal: Make the release every week or month - this will
> force us to automate all release processes :)

It's funny you mention that, because I could foresee one outcome of
focusing on a core platform being that we do a more frequent release.
If we can effectively machine-test more of that platform, we could do
releases on a timescale of weeks instead of only twice a year. The
Atomic WG does this already. This probably makes more sense for an
ostree based release than constantly spinning large, multi-GB ISOs.

--
Paul