Aug 29, 2019, 00:23 by joh...@splentity.com:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:27:56 AM MST Chris Peters wrote:
>
>> Maybe the code of conduct could politely nudge people towards *quality* over
>> quantity (so that voices don't get drowned and big threads aren't so
>> tiresome to keep up with)
>>

> Such a rule would make it very difficult indeed to address all concerns.

There are large threads where it would be natural for one person to answer
questions and provide rebuttals, such as a Change owner.

In other large threads, healthy debate doesn't usually look like one person
"addressing all concerns". A dominant voice is usually someone so passionate
they inadvertently drown a debate with their opinion without realizing it might
be inconsiderate.

 There's good reasons why moderated debates don't let the loudest person keep
hold of the microphone. I'm not advocating moderation, but just saying it's
possible to be passionate, objectively correct, and considerate all at the same
time.  =)

Chris

PS I won't take this thread any further. The irony of a back and forth in the
back and forth thread doesn't escape me!