On Sunday, September 1, 2019 6:22:04 AM MST Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> John you're comparing apples and oranges.  One is active the other is
> passive.  One uses your space allocation the other doesn't.

Sorry, what? What space allocation? If you're talking about emails, my Maildir
hasn't reached a size over 1 GiB in over two years of being on very high
traffic mailing lists, including kernel lists.

The two are *exactly the same*. Clicking on the button makes it so you don't
receive notifications about that thread anymore. Additionally, and this covers
lists other than Fedora hosted mailing lists, on most clients you can right
click the thread and "Ignore", "Delete" or "Create Filter From Thread" and
pipe that thread to the trash.

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <joh...@splentity.com>
Splentity