On Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:28:27 PM MST Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > Of course if you just don't modularize FreeIPA at all you don't have
> > the kickstart problem, but then you *do* still have the 'we're stuck
> > shipping this one version of FreeIPA for the next seventy jillion
> > years' problem.
>

> That is purely a RHEL thing though. I do not see how this is relevant to the
>  discussion on whether to allow default streams *in Fedora*.

Even then, as a RHEL subscriber, I'd question its usefulness there. I use RHEL
at work because I want a solid stable system without many changes in a release
cycle. It makes is much easier with large deployments and high numbers of
administrators/users, who may be resistant to change. Throwing a random new
version of a package on there sounds like a nightmare.

Actually, I'm not even sure how I'd deploy modules in the environment that I
support, because it doesn't have internet access. I usually just download the
RHEL repo DVD and I'm good to go.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity