On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 12:20:50 +0100
David Sommerseth <d...@eurephia.org> wrote:

> Please just watch the talk by Paul Vixie (who is one of the really
> big DNS gurus these days, even ISC BIND maintainer for quite some
> years).  And you will see that DoH is pointless when you have DoT.
> But DoT can also go much further than DoH will, when you consider the
> bigger part of the DNS query chain.

Thank you for pointing to that talk.  I found it very informative, as a
mostly ignorant user of DNS.  I run knot-resolver as a local caching DNS
server, pulling from, ironically, 1.1.1.1 via the router, and bypassing
my ISP's DNS servers.  Really opened my eyes.

For convenience, repeating it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJorQ9Ufm8