Matthew Miller wrote:
> There are certainly many examples of awesome great stuff that's been
> created in Fedora without the investment of Red Hat (or anyone's) full
> time employees. The zchunk metadata feature is a recent example. The
> Stewardship SIG is another one. This is good stuff, and I'm super-happy to
> support it. In both of those cases the people interested in that thing
> happening put in exactly the kind of effort I'm talking about here.

Unfortunately, the Stewardship SIG's work is actively being sabotaged by
default module streams overriding their ursine packages for end users
(unless they explicitly disable the fedora-modular repository, which is not
supported anymore because some packages have become module-only) and even in
the build system (FESCo having just voted for giving Ursa Prime a chance,
though only for testing with 2 modules for the moment). We need to drop the
default streams so that people actually get access to the ursine packages
maintained by the Stewardship SIG.

        Kevin Kofler