On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:28:34AM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Matej Grabovsky <mgrab...@redhat.com> said:
> > Can you please explain what you mean? What are the alternatives if
> > there really are over 5000 packages in CTAN?
>
> Why does all of CTAN need to go into one source RPM?

Actually it's not anymore. It's at least 2 now:

texlive (the stuff that changes pretty infrequently, noarch, not
installed widely).
and
texlive-base (the stuff that does change often, archfull, installed
widely).

CTAN packages are pretty interrelated, so it makes sense to have them in
one place, and there aren't too many people interested in maintaining it
either.

So, really barring hundreds of new maintainers showing up interested in
working on it I think what we have now makes the most sense.

kevin