On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, 00:16 Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 07:48:22PM -0700, Christoph Junghans wrote:
> > when running "mock -r fedora-rawhide-ppc64le --no-clean
> > gromacs-2019.5-2.fc32.1.src.rpm"
> > I am getting the following error:
> > Signal 4 (ILL) caught by ps (3.3.15).
> > /usr/bin/ps:ps/display.c:66: please report this bug
> >
> > I tried a couple of different src.rpm with the same result.
> > This is mock 1.4.21 on f31.
> >
> > Has anybody else seen this?
> >
> Not exactly, but if you check Koji build history for gromacs package
> <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6961>. You will
> find out that the build failed during F32 mass rebuild
> <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=41318028> on ppc64le
> and
> aarch64. The ppc64le failure is:

That was exactly the reason why I was looking into building this ppc64le
;-) But unfortunately the Signal 4 shows up before it even gets to the
CMake part.

> -- Performing Test CXX_mvsx_COMPILE_WORKS - Failed
> -- Flag was accepted, but it did not build test source (this could be due
> to either the compiler or binutils)
> -- Performing Test CXX_maltivec_mabi_altivec_FLAG_ACCEPTED
> -- Performing Test CXX_maltivec_mabi_altivec_FLAG_ACCEPTED - Success
> -- Performing Test CXX_maltivec_mabi_altivec_COMPILE_WORKS
> -- Performing Test CXX_maltivec_mabi_altivec_COMPILE_WORKS - Failed
> -- Flag was accepted, but it did not build test source (this could be due
> to either the compiler or binutils)
> -- Performing Test CXX_qarch_auto_qaltivec_FLAG_ACCEPTED
> -- Performing Test CXX_qarch_auto_qaltivec_FLAG_ACCEPTED - Failed
> -- Performing Test CXX_COMPILE_WORKS_WITHOUT_SPECIAL_FLAGS
> -- Performing Test CXX_COMPILE_WORKS_WITHOUT_SPECIAL_FLAGS - Failed
> -- Could not find any flag to build test source (this could be due to
> either the compiler or binutils)
> CMake Error at cmake/gmxManageSimd.cmake:51 (message):
>   Cannot find IBM VSX compiler flag.  Use a newer compiler, or disable SIMD
>   support (slower).
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   cmake/gmxManageSimd.cmake:265
> (gmx_give_fatal_error_when_simd_support_not_found)
>   CMakeLists.txt:719 (gmx_manage_simd)
> See also
> "/builddir/build/BUILD/gromacs-2019.5/serial/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
> See also
> "/builddir/build/BUILD/gromacs-2019.5/serial/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
>
> Koschei history <https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/gromacs>
> claims the
> build started to fail with these changes
> <https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/build/7747640>. It's probably a
> triggered by
> an upgrade of GCC to 10 version.
>
> SIGILL means the processor met an instruction it does not understand.
>
> In your case procps-ng package seems to be miscompiled (or run on an
> incopatible hardware). I recommend getting a shell in the mock enviroment
> (mock --shell) and investigeting whether the ps program works there).

Ok, I will try that and report back.

> My gut feeling is that GCC 10 started to omit new instructions and your
> hardware is not compatible with them. Can you reproduce it on one of these
> machines
> <
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Machine_Resources_For_Package_Maintainers
> >?

Using these machines might be the easiest way the track down the gromacs
issue, thanks for the reminder that we have these resources.

Christoph