On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:37 AM Dan Horák <d...@danny.cz> wrote:

> > > Ok, I will try that and report back.
> > It is indeed broken in shell as well:
> > <mock-chroot> sh-5.0# ps
> >
> > Signal 4 (ILL) caught by ps (3.3.15).
> > /usr/bin/ps:ps/display.c:66: please report this bug
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> works (no crash) on my Power9 system, but it could be a P9 instruction
> sneaked into the binary and crashing on Power8 systems. I'll take a
> look, but if you could file a bug (with me in CC), it would be helpful.
just to make sure, I am running this in mock on the following system:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 142
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 3504.000
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 22
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid tsc_known_freq
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes
xsave avx rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch invpcid_single
pti fsgsbase avx2 invpcid rdseed clflushopt md_clear flush_l1d
bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds
swapgs itlb_multihit
bogomips : 7008.00
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64