On 3/6/20 1:21 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

On 05/03/2020 21:26, Julian Sikorski wrote:

I would like to take this opportunity to remind about the PR that I have
prepared - let us not duplicate the work:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/asio/pull-request/1
I have rebuilt all asio's dependencies and only encountered issues with
abiword and OpenSceneGraph - both were complaining about error not being
a member of asio::placeholders. Same issues were found by gentoo, I have
linked the relevant bug reports in the PR. Is this something you would
be able to advise about? I am happy to share full build logs if needed.

I haven't personally looked at asio 1.14.0 yet so I don't have the
solution off the top of my head.  These are the type of issues I
normally deal with in upstream development.

 From a strategic perspective, I feel it is most efficient to try and
coordinate with the upstreams and other distributions so that everybody
is supporting the same asio in each of the major distributions.

In any C++ library, there are small API changes from time to time
leading to the type of problem you describe.

If upstreams are using travis-ci, we are testing against version 1.12.2
from Debian/Ubuntu and may not be aware of issues in asio 1.14.0.  Even
if you patch for the issue, it may be completely untested upstream.
That is why it is so vital to resolve the Debian/Ubuntu lag.

Is there a convenient way for upstreams to make CI builds on the latest
Fedora rawhide in parallel with our travis-ci Ubuntu builds?

Please also note that I have checked both fale and uwog's recent
activity with fedora-active-user and neither seem to have been active
lately.

Thanks for this feedback.  Dakota, do you want to be promoted to admin
on asio?

Is either of you happy to be co-maintainer of resiprocate with me?  I
opened an issue to unretire it.  I do upstream releases and I run the
latest version for fedrtc.org (using CentOS/EPEL) so it is important for
me that it supports Fedora and any Fedora issues are given the attention
they deserve during the release process.

Sure, admin is ok with me. Co-maintainer of resiprocate would also be something I'd be willing to take on.