Dne út 31. bře 2020 21:00 uživatel Clement Verna <cve...@fedoraproject.org>
napsal:

> [...]
>> by nurturing communities that are all interested in the success of
>> these projects, we can make them more independently sustainable.
>>

> Thank you for all your work and efforts, this is really appreciated.
>

>> As for Pagure itself, I think this is where we fundamentally disagree.
>> I think it behooves us to own and provide an experience tailored for
>> our community from beginning to end. That's why we have Koji, Bodhi,
>> Dist-Git, and many other tools in that part of the lifecycle. The
>> packager experience is literally the lifeblood of the project, and our
>> contributors are the core of what makes Fedora successful. Pagure
>> gives us an opportunity to do right by them that I *really* don't
>> think we can do with any alternatives.
>>

> I am not convinced that having a custom git forge is mandatory to provide
> an great experience to the community. I wasn't really around the community
> before Pagure, but I as far as I understand it the experience was better
> before Pagure and people were able to do more self servicing. I believe
> that there is an alternative to having the packager workflow tightly
> coupled to the git forge, this is also maybe a good opportunity to rethink
> some of that workflow and explore different solutions.
>

>> That does *not* mean that CPE team should be the sole owner of the
>> Pagure *codebase*. On that point, I agree. And that's why I've spent a
>> lot of time and energy since late 2018 working on building up that
>> community. It's finally starting to bear fruit too: there's at least
>> one entity interested in building a product around it and contributing
>> to help support that product, there's the FSF preparing to launch a
>> new forge using Pagure, there's the Trisquel GNU+Linux distribution
>> working on a Pagure deployment to host their code and packaging, and
>> there's a few other things I've got up my sleeve to help broaden the
>> community with not just users, but also contributors.
>>
>> Are there deficiencies in Pagure? Of course there are. I'm not
>> claiming that Pagure is perfect. But I think that keeping on with
>> Pagure and giving that community an opportunity to close the gap on
>> needed features for Fedora/CentOS/Red Hat is the right way to go.
>> Right now, I don't *know* what the important gaps are. I can make some
>> guesses, but it'd be a lot better if we had a list of missing features
>> and their relative important and why. That would help focus
>> development to meet those needs.
>>
>> The Fedora community itself has indicated that they want to keep on
>> with Pagure, and many Fedorans are Pythonistas, which means that
>> everyone can easily contribute to help make it better for everyone.
>>

> Genuine question, from the people that have participated in this thread,
> How many could dedicated couple hours a week to work on Pagure ? I think
> many community member are already struggling to keep up with their current
> level of contribution, I am not sure than everyone can easily contribute to

I can look at the search-related issues that were mentioned here...as a
starting point. But i am not going to be motivated by pagure being taken
down from the dist-git's deployments.

Also...using a proprietary solution for our git forge would be just totally
lame. That should be out of question completely.

clime