On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:38:13PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:21:37 +0200, Chris Adams wrote:
> > I'm not sure why you think end-users can't use a free OS.
>
> First steps of end-users is to install Chrome, Spotify and VirtualBox.
> So there is left no advantage of a Free OS.
>

> > I've run with SELinux enabled for years, rarely if ever causes problems
> > for typical stuff.
>
> Sooner or later something does not work. I do not want to open this can of
> worms whether SELinux yes or not, it may be a good idea but IMNSHO it is not
> for a development machine.
>

> > I have no idea why you'd remove a useful tool like bash-completion.  It
> > has lots of things useful for developers.
>
> I agree the idea of bash-completion is nice. But it is so severly incomplete
> it is more a burden than help. Unfortunately I no longer remember all the bugs
> I faced before I started removing it years ago but a simple one is:
>
> $ wget -O somepackage.rpm https://...
> $ dnf install som<tab>
> <wait for a few minutes>
> $ dnf install sombok-

disclaimer: I'm using zsh, not bash but it has the same issue. But IMO you
can't really blame it - how is the completion to know that you want to
install an RPM in the current directory? The correct way would be
        dnf install ./some<tab>
and that completes immediately (on zsh). Does that work on bash?

Cheers,
   Peter