On 2020-06-30 14:34, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Share your thoughts and comments on how such move might affect you so feedback can be collected for the future on why such a change might be bad, how it might affect the distribution and scope of such change can be determined for potential system wide proposal.

Just in case if someone is not aware: syslinux (pxe, ext) shipped with Fedora is in very good state - form about 2016 I am using the package for all my booting needs (grub2 is too complex for me):

 * PXE/Legacy,UEFI
 * Physical (partition) Legacy, ESP-UEFI
 * VM Legacy - for VMs (and USB sticks) usually it is not even needed
   to partition the VM disk, just extlinux the VM FS volume.
   I do not tried VM/UEFI so far.

so (in my experience) any instance will have easy switchable UEFI/Non-UEFI boot option even if the other bootloaders discontinue legacy mode support.

I do not know if syslinux/extlinux have support in Anaconda, since I am not using Anaconda for my imaging needs.

Kind Regards,
Alek