Le 2020-07-02 11:59, Florian Weimer a écrit :
* Nicolas Mailhot via devel:

Le 2020-07-02 09:59, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel a écrit :
On 02.07.2020 07:35, Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote:
The detached changelog is just one more file in SRPM sources, which is
modified by rpmbuild at `%build` time with other files rpmbuild
modifies.

I don't like that. %changelog should be generated automatically on Koji
side.

Why? Koji schedules a build.

No, Koji also builds the SRPM, via fedpkg-simple or a similar mechanism.

Sure, by build I intended both the deployment packages and the SRPM.

The main difference between the current workflow (the reason it fails in mock right now, but that should not be too hard to fix) is that the SRPM that includes the build info is itself a result of the rest of the build.

That seems the main point people misunderstand (thank you for making me clarify it), the proposal does not involve preparing a special SRPM out of band, that is then fed to koji, the SRPM containing the bumped changelog and last build info is the result of the build process alongside the binary packages.

mock (and koji) just have to pick this SRPM at the end of the build and not use the SRPM as it existed before the build occurred.

And why is it that way? You do not consider a rpmbuild -bs a build event do you? We do it all the time to import packages from one system to another. The only thing which is a real build that produces a bump and is stored in changelog history is a full rpmbuild -ba build.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot