On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 7:04 PM Till Maas <opensou...@till.name> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2410 I proposed to name the dist-git
> branch for Fedora Rawhide "rawhide" to clarify the purpose of that
> branch. There was also some feedback that Rawhide might not be the best
> name and it could be renamed. In that case, the branch could be named as
> this. This is just the first step to check if there is enough support
> for this to move forward. The next step would be to start a change
> process.

I (strongly) support the renaming of the branch, but I really
really would prefer there to be a rough consensus on the
replacement name across the entire git community, so
that I don't need to remember to git-checkout devel in one
project, git-checkout trunk in another, git-checkout main in
a third, git-checkout release in a fourth, git-checkout default
in a fifth, etc.(*).  In this case, I would prefer Fedora follow
the rough consensus presuming that one can be achieved
rather than pick yet another (different) name.

Gary

(*) Yes, I understand I have already mostly lost that battle
for the moment, although hope springs eternal.