> On Di, 29.09.20 16:03, Petr Menšík (pemen...@redhat.com) wrote:
>
>>> For example, if I have my laptop in my home wifi, connected to RH VPN,
>>> then there are some names resolvable only via the local
>>> DNS. Specifically: my router's, my printer's and my NAS' address. And
>>> there are other names only resolvable via RH VPN. systemd-resolved for
>>> the first time gives me a chance for this to just work: it will send
>>> requests to both the RH DNS servers and the local ones, and uses the
>>> first successful reply, or the last failed reply. And that's quite
>>> frankly awesome, because that *never* worked before.
>> Would you please try dnssec-trigger? It does exactly this thing. Unlike
>> resolved, it can do that also with DNSSEC support on client side. But it
>> is not system default.
>
> Hmm? resolved can do DNSSEC too, as mentioned. DNSSEC support is
> opt-in though.

Are you sure? Can it?

# systemctl restart systemd-resolved
$ resolvectl | grep DNSSEC
      DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
    DNSSEC supported: yes

# delv @127.0.0.53
;; validating ./NS: got insecure response; parent indicates it should be
secure
;; insecurity proof failed resolving './NS/IN': 127.0.0.53#53
;; resolution failed: insecurity proof failed

# delv
; fully validated
.                       503266  IN      NS      a.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      b.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      c.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      d.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      e.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      f.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      g.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      h.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      i.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      j.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      k.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      l.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      NS      m.root-servers.net.
.                       503266  IN      RRSIG   NS 8 0 518400 20201012050000
20200929040000 46594 .
EUNUgwVVvcgdX6JRCPfmhFPuIJW8DZf7ww1hQAgek0GPDT7kc75fER5Z
NpASxPhrTQKentVt/C5ptwa0Z58i8O7XyN6Pu5ZIZrOpG5zV6y0FqLnI
B7L01ugkmTdZIxfqTxbyiTh8hTWspskbAYQrnrSPiotX0+POYlw7ZIwX
R6V7Y2mF48wFclaejrPRQy/ee03QKYyT9nYPahe7i0qnbmvk1JAfDiCw
dR6Aa2hm/RSuW+7nJRqCbeDZZ4mU1lAZDiyUQ1ezAl/HcCCcpBud8iae
DBYFXDX86EP0hXQexpzN5MLUQZuTCIq5Ihz9Vqk0orXmeaZ/k56t/2td /ak8sw==

# rpm -q systemd
systemd-246.6-2.fc34.x86_64

How can I tell it works? Is servfail on dnssec-failed.org enough?

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer