On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 5:21 pm, Lennart Poettering <mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:
Yes, I too would prefer if my regular, non-RH DNS traffic never goes
to RH servers while I am in the VPN, and I can easily configure things
that way. But if I am pretty sure the majority of people probably put
more emphasis "please please work" than on "i'd rather have not
working DNS than have DNS queries end up on RH's DNS servers".

For clarity, if you check the box "Use this connection only for resources on its network," then NetworkManager will configure a search domain to ensure that non-RH DNS traffic will not go to RH servers. Lennart is describing systemd-resolved's default mode of operation on systems without NetworkManager, but NetworkManager is default is all Fedora editions.