* Jan Kratochvil:

> On Mon, 05 Oct 2020 08:28:03 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Why do you think that?  Using debuginfo for perf and the like seems to
>> be much more common than actual debugging, based on what I see
>> downstream.
>
> OK, interesting, thanks for the info. Still that does not change anything with
> btrfs zstd. btrfs zstd would save on-disk size ~50% (I did not measure zstd
> for Fedora distro, zlib saves on Fedora distro 52%) compared to DWZ's on-disk
> size saving of 20% (or just 10% if one makes some non-DWZ optimizations in
> addition to -fdebug-types-section).

Fedora Server still defaults to LVM and XFS, as far as I know.  I expect
that downstream will continue to use XFS as well.

I don't think you can assume that debugging information will be stored
on btrfs file systems.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill