On Mon, 05 Oct 2020 09:20:53 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Fedora Server still defaults to LVM and XFS, as far as I know.  I expect
> that downstream will continue to use XFS as well.
>
> I don't think you can assume that debugging information will be stored
> on btrfs file systems.

OK. Then DWARF consumers could just decompress zstd themselves. Then we can
argue about tracing tools overhead. Either cache of uncompressed files or even
some little performance hit. Still that would be worth 50% of debuginfo size.
And that would be needed only on non-btrfs filesystems which (maybe) will
disappear in the future.

Jan