On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 12:31:59 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I do find your statistics per package useful because they show dwz is
> in general effective by producing at least 20% (more) on-disk size
> reduction,

I am ignoring the on-disk size, I always measure just *-debuginfo.rpm size.

If anyone is concerned about on-disk size then Fedora should have already
enabled zlib section compression which would reduce the on-disk *.debug size
by 52.84% for the whole distro. Or even implement zstd section compression
probably with even bigger size decrease (and even lower performance hit
already low enough).

But Fedora has not enabled transparent zstd filesystem compression for F-33
btrfs by default and nobody enabled zlib for *.debug files (you even
implemented decompressing zlib from *.debug files) so apparently nobody / you
do not care about the on-disk size.

So why do you mention the on-disk size now?

Jan