On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 03:05:00PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >   mcelog.service                               loaded active running
> > Machine Check Exception Logging Daemon
> This is another one for which it is questionable to have it running, or is
> this a machine with
> ECC RAM ? And even then I'm not sure if it adds a lot of value, or if just
> like smartd it
> just logs some stuff into syslog (where normal users won't see it).

I disagree that those logs are useless -- I often help normal users, and
running commands to look back in the logs for problems is a common
diagnostic step. This could be better, of course.

> So given that I got a couple of "go for it" reactions and that I was
> already toying with the idea anyways I might actually try to make such
> a spin happen.
>
> The biggest problem for doing such a spin is finding the time for it...
>
> Are there any people who would be interested in working on / co-maintaining
> such a spin with me ?

I am interested in it happening but can't sign up for more stuff. :)

It seems like this kind of parallels the Minimization objective (which
focuses on package dependencies). That's kind of mothballed right now (I
think because Adam is working on RHEL 9 stuff?) and I wouldn't want to
overload that more, but maybe there's some kind of useful connection?

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>