I’m looking at the mirror statistics, and in addition to the general
positive upward trend, I noticed something interesting. Rawhide was,
relatively speaking, at its peak in the early days — up to about 2010. From
there, it slowly declines to almost nothing by 2012, and has stayed flat
like that … until this last year, where there’s a lot more of it. It’s still
small as a fraction, but definitely growing.

This is still using the “old” mirror IP counting system; I haven’t done this
for DNF Better Counting yet, but that’s my next little project. I’m
definitely curious what percentage of these are long-running systems and
which are ephemeral test or build systems.

(A version of this post with inline graphics is at
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/interesting-growth-trend-in-rawhide/27879?u=mattdm)

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>