On 5/27/21 2:04 PM, Nick Bebout wrote:
Since its beginnings, the Fedora Project has used the freenode IRC network for
our project communications. Due to a variety of recent changes to that network,
the Fedora Project is moving our IRC communications to Libera.Chat.

If a still-fuzzy "variety of recent changes to that network" are the reason for
this latest fire-drill/tempest, then just fyi,
A Lee's provided some documented reply,

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freenode/web-7.0/main/static/files/on-freenode.pdf
  https://freenode.net/news/post-mortem-may21

To my read it doesn't seem as clear-cut as some are making it all out to be.
If 'trust' is the underlying issue here, there seems to be enuf not passing the
smell test on 'both sides'.

IME, projects want a place to talk that's trustworthy.

caveat emptor.