On 20/07/2021 11:18, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
You're violating the bundling and naming practices that EPEL and
Fedora have used for years, especially their insistence that they
build from source, not repackaging bundled binaries from someone else
into an RPM.

This is not a Fedora package. This is a COPR package.

COPR guidelines allows usage of pre-built binaries if they don't violate the Fedora Legal guidelines[1]: "You do not need to comply with Packaging Guidelines".

There are a whole stack of security reasons to discourage
that, and assuring the original source code and build tools are
available for others to modify is vital to "free software" in the GPL
sense.

PyCharm CE binaries are licensed under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license, which is completely free and opensource.

To quote you: "PyCharm CE cannot be completely built from sources". If
that were completely true, it could not be built on COPR.

That's why we use pre-built binaries.

If it's
broken on Fedora, please, work with *that*, and I suspect that
resolving that will resolve the missing dependency issue.

Java SIG tried to revive the Java stack on Fedora several times. It's still dead.

When the Java stack will be operational again, we will switch to building from sources.

[1]: https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#what-i-can-build-in-copr

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)