On 07. 10. 21 17:45, Ben Cotton wrote:
* We suggest users to remove packages that are no longer maintained
and may contain security vulnerabilities.

This makes perfect sense.

* We make sure that archaic packages do not break upgrade between two
versions of Fedora.

When are you supposed to run remove-retired-packages?

If you run remove-retired-packages after the upgrade, you already managed to upgrade and nothing is broken, no?

If you run remove-retired-packages before the upgrade, it might remove something that will be correctly obsoleted and provided by a replacement package that offers the same functionality under a different package name.

--
Miro Hrončok