On Wednesday, October 27, 2021 8:12:43 AM EDT Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > Furthermore as someone dealing with bug reports I don't have access
> > to the RPM database. That is on the end user's machine. Often all I
> > get is a core dump attached to a bug report, and if I'm lucky they
> > manually typed a couple of RPM NEVRs into the bug description. On
> > many occassions I've found the NEVRs the user supplied in the
> > description to be wrong due to mistakes on the bug reporter's side
> > collecting the data.
>
> How are those bugs reported? Are the users using a reporting tool / crash
> handler (e.g., ABRT, DrKonqi, Breakpad, …) or filing the bugs manually?

This brings up an interesting tangent (sorry), which I've asked on the KDE
list with no answer. When kontact segfaults, and it does a lot, it starts Dr.
Konqi and asks if you want to file a report. But because debuginfo rpms are
not installed it fails and says not enough info to file a report. Why can't we
disable Dr. Konqi and let abrt handle KDE coredumps so we can gauge the true
state of KDE apps in Fedora? Right now, no one knows how many KDE segfaults
exist.

-Steve