Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com> writes:

> You do not need a crash for that
> /usr/libexec/drkonqi --dialog --keeprunning --pid $PID
> will try to debug running application. I tried that with PID of
> running vim.

Nice, thanks.  In the "Developer Information" tab, one can watch gdb
"Downloading separate debug info for ..." lines, so the debuginfod
machinery is working fine.

(... except in the case of binaries that have been replaced since they
started running, since drknoqi runs the child gdb, targeting
/usr/bin/path name rather than /proc/$PID/exe.)

(... and except that drkonqi advises "The generated crash information is
not useful", though the backtrace info looks nice and complete.)

- FChE