On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 01:54:38PM +0200, Michal Schorm wrote:
> Ah, It's a bit more tangled than I thought:
>
> I've somehow got an impression that the upstream release monitoring is
> not related to Fedora, but I expected the BZ bot should be.
> So I've looked for a place to report issues other than
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/anitya/issues, as I thought it is the
> upstream (not Fedora related) part of the project. Only after
> following the link I've seen it is a GitHub repo in the "fedora-infra"
> namespace.
>
> I've actually thought that the "monitoring status" option in the
> src.fedoraproject.org does something different (pings you when
> _anyone_ do a build or scratch-build of your package in KOJI - which
> would be useful for watching who touches your pkg and how)
>
> The Pagure documentation doesn't seem to know about that field:
> https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/search.html?q=monitoring
>
> So the 'Monitoring' value is likely what I am looking for, thanks ! :)

Just to clairfy some:

anitya is release-monitoring.org. It's the thing that watches upstream
releases and keeps a mapping of upstream name to downstream distro
names. It does this for a bunch of distros, not just fedora. It emits
messages on the fedora-messaging bus when mappings are made/changed and
when updates are seen. It's configured only on it's web interface
(release-monitoring.org).

the-new-hotness is a seperate, but related application that listens for
messages about new upstream releases, checks to see if that package in
fedora wants to be notified/have scratch builds done for those. It
handles filing bugzilla bugs, and doing scratch builds (if desired).
It can be configured as you note on src.fedoraproject.org.

If you want to watch activity on a package you want The little 'watch'
pulldown under The package description. You can set there if you want to
watch bugs, commits, both, etc. If you only wanted to watch koji builds,
you would need to set that in FMN ( apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications)

kevin